As the Coronavirus takes a greater hold of the UK, we want to let you know that Waste Spectrum Incineration Systems will do our very best to ensure continuity of supply throughout these challenging times, without jeopardising the health and safety of our employees.
Naturally, we are following all guidelines set out by the UK government, as well-as having implemented a robust contingency plan of our own to mitigate the effects of the virus on our employees and the company.
Inevitably, there will be a period of disruption which undoubtably may affect our ability to operate at full capacity. We wish to emphasise there are currently no cases of Coronavirus within our group of companies.
Our Commitment To You
We recognise that the situation of the outbreak may change and are taking steps to manage any increased risk. We have set up a task force of senior managers to closely monitor the fast-moving events. If we feel there may be any changes in the delivery of our services as a result of Coronavirus, we will update you as soon as possible.
Business as usual
• Our office is open as usual and our team will be happy to take your call.
• The whole team are available and can be contacted in the usual method you would use to communicate with them.
• We are still taking your orders and we have no concerns at this stage about fulfilling them, this includes orders for spare parts.
• Service and maintenance support is still available throughout the UK from Waste Spectrum, and around the world by our Trusted Partners.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of all our employees and our customers.
• Where possible, team members are working from home and we have provided them with the tools required to operate as they would in the office.
• At our office we put hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building and our production facility.
• Employees have received full training and advice on clean working practices & we encourage them to wash their hands and sanitize their working areas regularly.
• All employees have been provided with anti-bacterial wipes for placing in their car or carrying on their person during their commute to work.
• Company vans are regularly cleaned and all drivers have been provided with the necessary tools to do so.
• If you need engineering support and are uncomfortable having people on-site, we will do our best to resolve issues over the phone.
• Scheduled services & maintenance visits will go ahead as planned but through coordination and cooperation from our customers, we are aiming to limit human contact.
Where visits are required, whether scheduled or ’emergency’, our team will talk you through the steps we aim to take to reduce risk to you, your team and our employees. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times.
Should you have any question do not hesitate to contact us:
Call: +44(0)1905 362 100